In a time of distress we seek The Lord for healing. Whether you need emotional, physical, mental, spiritual or relational healing, Jesus Christ is faithful. He will always work his Father’s will in your life, as you seek him. I didn’t say he will fulfill your will, but he will fulfill his Father’s perfect will for you. You can trust what God has for your life.
Here are some scriptures on healing for you to read, meditate on and pray over.
“Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you ill? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.”
James 5:13-18 NIVUK
Steps to prayer for healing:
(This is an outline, not an equation.)
1. Call in people in authority to anoint you with oil and lay hands on you. Many believers live in isolation. We are meant to be connected to the body of Christ. We can come under the authority and power of Christ when we humble ourselves and ask the elders of the church to lay hands on us and pray. Many people don’t want to bother their pastor or elders. Other believers do not want to acknowledge spiritual authority. In Christ, there is spiritual authority for the good of the flock of The Father. Elders are commanded to watch over and feed the flock. They are held to a higher standard and are required to stand before God and give an account for how they handled this authority. Take advantage of what God has given to you. He is blessing you with this connection and atmosphere of love and healing in Christ.
2. Seek the Lord to see IF there is any unconfessed sin in your personal life. This may take time, but don’t try to figure it out on your own. Ask The Father for direction.
3. Confess any revealed sin to others and ask The Lord to forgive you. Again, here we have the function of intimacy and trust in the family of God. If someone needs to confess sin to you, forgive them in Jesus name and keep it confidential. Treat them the way you would want to be treated.
4. Trust that God is faithful. Pray in faith. God is our healer!
5. Righteousness. God can answer anyone’s prayers. He especially loves answering the prayers of his children who are walking in truth. Those who have trusted in Jesus Christ for Salvation and are walking in obedience and relationship have direct access to the throne of grace. God is able to do more than we can ask or imagine. Righteousness is only a prayer away. It is not something you earn by good works, but by being open and humble with The Lord. Confess your sin to one another that you may be healed. Jesus gives his righteousness to those who trust in him. Those who trust in him and love him will obey him. Jesus said, “If you love me obey my commandments.”
Trials are sometimes in our lives to draw us closer to the presence of the Father. Some trials are for our discipline and to teach us to know the Lord better. Other trials are simply so Christ can be glorified in our lives. All trials can make us bitter or better. We learn more about ourselves and our strengths and weaknesses when we suffer. We learn even more about Jesus. Christ suffered for us.
Seeking Christ in a trial gives you power and peace that you never would experience if you hadn’t gone through the trial.
God will pour out his grace upon you as you seek his face. He loves you. Do not despair.
“Father, in Jesus name, you see my pain. I am afraid. I am in an unsure place. First of all, teach me what you want me to know about you in this. Show me if there is any unconfessed sin in my life. Open my heart and make it soft to your Spirit. Change my heart, Oh God.
Father, show me how to pray concerning this affliction. Show me if there is any bitter root in my heart or anyone I need to forgive. Help me to submit my desires and feelings to your truth, in Jesus name.
I come before you and fall in your mercy. You are a merciful, good Father. Be magnified in my life and in this situation, Oh Lord. Deliver me from evil and heal my life. Deliver me from the pit.
Bring peace to my mind and heart. You did not give me a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.
I thank you for the healing and resurrection power of Jesus, your son. I know that I don’t deserve your love, but you give it anyway. You are good and you have good in mind for my life. I am yours. I thank you for your forgiveness and healing. I praise you for your love and the life we have in Christ.
Heal me, Oh Lord. Heal my body, mind, soul and spirit. Deliver me from Satan’s schemes. I cancel any and all plans of Satan for my life, in Jesus name. Jesus came to deliver me from the works of the devil. Jesus, you came that I might have life abundantly. Jesus, you said ‘I saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven and I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy, nothing will harm you.” I rejoice that my name is written in heaven because of your sacrifice. I rejoice that you poured out your blood so that I can be healed. You were wounded for my transgressions, you were bruised for my sins, the punishment that brought me peace was upon you and your your stripes I am healed.
I submit to your will, Oh Lord. I thank you that it is your will that I walk in truth and that I live in the strength and victory in Christ. You have given me victory by your death and resurrection. My faith in you is the victory that overcomes the world! Thank you for your love, Lord Jesus. Amen!”
Sign up to get my blog in your email! Like this blog or share it online with someone it can bless!
5 Replies to “Prayers for Healing”
Very healing prayer for me in my time of trials and tribulations I love the Lord with all my heart and I put all my faith in you
Lillie, I pray that the Lord God answers all of your prayer!
I LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lillie, thank you for reading! Jesus is worthy of all our love.
LikeLiked by 1 person