Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Today, there are desperate calls for prayer from the church in Afghanistan, as the U.S. and U.K. pull troops out of the nation. The Afghanistan nation is falling to the terrorist organization. The Taliban is known for is brutality against Christians. As they move toward Kabul, there are many Afghani believers crying out to God for protection and intervention. There are also missionaries from the U.S. and other nations stuck in the nation. There are many more families crying out to the Lord for strength, wisdom and for mercy.
I am calling for a fast. If you are able. Please fast for these people as the Lord leads you. Here is a prayer guide:
- Pray for supernatural protection. “Father, in Jesus’ name, I pray for your power through the blood of Jesus to cover the missionaries and every man, woman and child who loves you in Afghanistan. Send your mighty angels to surround them and fight for them against the forces of hell which come to kill, steal and destroy the church of the living God. Rise up, Oh God, and defend your people!
- Pray for the Lord to send confusion into the enemy camp. (Exodus 14:24 During the last watch of the night the LORD looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army and threw it into confusion.) Lord God, send confusion into the camp of the Taliban. Lord, block their advancement. Even as you caused the wheels to come off of Pharoah’s chariot’s, allow their equipment to malfunction and break down. Slow their progress. Stop them in their tracks, in Jesus’ name.
- Pray for the physical provision of the people of God and the innocent at risk in the nation. “Lord, please provide food and water, shelter and medical provision for those who have no means. Raise up generous people to provide for the church and those who are in harm’s way.
- Pray for foreign missionaries and travelers to be safe. Lord, provide a way of escape for those who are in the nation and are unable to escape, in Jesus’ name. Provide friendly hands and feet to help. Deliver them mightily.
- Pray for mercy. “Rise up, oh Lord, and defend your people. Please give your mercy and grace to the church. Send angelic help. Have mercy. Deliver.
- Pray for the Spirit to guide and lead. “Lord, give your Spirit to the people in abundance for wisdom, revelation and understanding in how to proceed, what way to travel, what to pack, how to communicate, who to trust. what to do. Fill them with the power of your might for faith, in Jesus’ name.
- Keep families safe and together. “Lord, keep the children safe from the tormentors who would try to do unspeakable things to them to try to get them to convert to Islam. Do not allow them to be separated from their parents. We know that believers would want their children to be strengthened in their inner beings by the power of God so that Jesus Christ can dwell in their hearts through faith. Keep fear far away – banish a spirit of fear in Jesus’ name. Protect their daughters from forced marriages and worse. Give the husbands strength, the elderly grace and strength, the mothers courage and help their children to be calm and peaceful in the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
- Drive out panic and supply supernatural strength. May the people of God be so filled with strength and power, love and peace that they can keep their heads and operate under the most severed situations. Stretch their food and clean water, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord God, protect the believers in Kabul. Create an angelic permitter around Kabul. Seal your people with your Holy Spirit. Set your angels against the forces of Satan that would drive the Taliban to destroy the church. Set a hedge of protection around your people in Kabul and the areas coming under Taliban rule. Send your angels, Lord.
- Hide them in the shadow of your wings. Lord, hide your people – your children. Let them not be seen. Let them find good hiding places or even be completely invisible or unrecognizable in the wide open.
- Convict Taliban members of their sin. Awaken them to Christ. Appear to them in dreams and visions warning them to turn to Jesus and to turn away from their bloodthirsty pursuit.
- Bring more people to Jesus in this week. While the times are evil, may the light of Jesus Christ shine brightly.
- Bring about supernatural signs and wonders to deliver your people, Oh Lord!
- Awaken American and other nations to come to the aid of the persecuted church, in Jesus’ name. Give the president wisdom and insight into how to handle this situation.
- Protect US and Afghanistan troops in the area of danger from the Taliban.
- Raise up more prayer warriors to pray and fast, in Jesus’ name.
- Pray Psalm 91 over the church
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
1He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [b]buckler.
5You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12In their hands they shall [c]bear you up,
Lest you [d]dash your foot against a stone.
13You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will [e]set him on high, because he has known My name.
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16With [f]long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”