So, I am kind of free-thought writing this tonight. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings on what is happening in our nation. For my international readers- that would be the USA.
Leading up to the election and beyond, I have quietly mused and reflected on all that was happening in the spirit realm and in those who call themselves Christian leaders.
I watched some Youtube videos by big name Christian prophets and ministry leaders who said they were doing regular 24-7 prayer and fasting in the nation’s capital for the election, after the election. First of all- amazing! It is rare to find people so committed to prayer. Secondly, I wondered something. They talked about how the Lord was showing them strongholds and explained how they were involved in doing warfare against the devil’s strongholds in Washington D.C.
I pondered that statement, wondering if it is possible for one group of prayer warriors to do battle against principalities of that magnitude. I mean, I’m not going to say that the blood of Jesus isn’t powerful enough. But, I am wondering if the people praying had the authority to take on those principalities. Why? Because they are there for a reason. They are there because of national sin, or satanic ritual or witchcraft possibly. (Even though believers have authority over the latter, there comes a “rub” when we address the former.) If the reason they are there is because of national sin that is not repented of, can they indeed be cast out or bound? Did God allow them to be there as a judgement? Great question. Wouldn’t the first order of business be to pray for a great awakening and a great repentance? We can oppose the devil in the spirit realm in prayer, but if Congress opens its 2021 session with a prayer to a Hindu principality, then consider the fact that Congress has established that principality over the city and nation.
When Jonah prophesied to Ninevah, the entire city repented from the king down to the lowliest slave. When Esther was interceding for the Jews in Babylon, every Jew fasted and prayed for 3 days for mercy. Nationwide repentance isn’t 3 people or 30 people or 3000 people. That is individual repentance. Nationwide repentance is Nationwide. What did God say through Jeremiah concerning people standing in the gap for mercy in the face of a nationwide judgement? Let’s read in Jeremiah 15.
Then the Lord said to me: “Even if Moses and Samuel were to stand before me, my heart would not go out to this people. Send them away from my presence! Let them go! And if they ask you, ‘Where shall we go?’ tell them, ‘This is what the Lord says:
“ ‘Those destined for death, to death;
those for the sword, to the sword;
those for starvation, to starvation;
those for captivity, to captivity.’
I am not trying to discourage any prayer warriors out there. Consider this a redirection. If we want the Lord’s protection, why not start with praying for the nation to repent? When you do that, be sure that hard times are coming. Often times, the Lord needs to bring the tough times to open our eyes to our need for him and our brevity.
What prayer points would I suggest? Try these:
- Pray for God to send his Holy Spirit into the churches to convict of sin and to do a mighty work leading people into all truth through Jesus Christ.
- Pray for God to fill the churches with praying people. Turn the hearts of the people to prayer, Oh Lord!
- Begin to pray that the Lord will help you share the gospel and to lead people to you who are in need of being led to salvation.
- Pray that God exposes corruption, lies and evil and that his truth will shine out.
- Pray for the blood of the lamb to cover your home and family when the judgement of God passes over.
- Pray for God’s kingdom come and his will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Pray that the Lord will stop, confuse, undo, cut off, destroy and flatten the enemy’s plans in the name of Jesus.
- Pray that the Lord will deliver you and your loved ones from a spirit of divisiveness.
- Pray that God does a new work in your local family, church and community.
- Pray and ask God to show you how to have hope in dark times.
- Pray for a fresh movement of God with people coming to Christ.
- Pray for the Lord to raise up a new generation of people who love the Lord. Pray for pastors, teachers, prophets, evangelists, apostles and many more who are sold out to Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit to lead the church in righteousness.
- Pray for God to cover your home and your community and to bring an outbreak of salvations and hope there.
- Pray for the Lord to bring a renewal, a conviction, an uncovering of sin, a major course correction.
- Pray that all trials we go through will lead us back to Jesus.
- Pray that the Lord will destroy the works of Satan, in Jesus’ name.
It is important that we understand the level of sin this nation is living in. After we know this, by the Holy Spirit, we can pray for God to root out the sin, to cleanse the nation and to protect, cleanse and forgive.
We are living in trying times. If we don’t see the real problem- we will never get a real solution. If someone tries to tell you that this isn’t living in faith, tell them that faith isn’t a fantasy. It takes eyes of faith to see the way God sees. It takes eyes of faith to acknowledge sin, to deal with it and not ignore it. It takes the eyes of faith to know how to pray for these things and to know the God is still in the business of saving souls.
2 Replies to “Can One Prophet Save the Nation?”
Wow! Excellent points, Briana. We must let the Spirit guide us in how to pray and I totally sense the same thing. At this point, we must pray that the Lord will pour out a spirit of repentance and conviction on our nation, that people’s eyes will be opened to their sin and cleared of the fatal deception they have accepted and lived by. We have no authority to bind principalities and powers that God is allowing to be there and which our leaders have accepted and even invited to be put in authority over us. DuAnne
On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:50 AM Revealed Ministries wrote:
> Briana Nei posted: ” So, I am kind of free-thought writing this tonight. I > have a lot of thoughts and feelings on what is happening in our nation. For > my international readers- that would be the USA. Leading up to the election > and beyond, I have quietly mused and reflect” >
We can pray to be protected against them! There are ways we can pray. But there is a sadness in me when I see modern day prophecy move so far away from the precedent in scripture.