As we start day 38 out of 40 days of fasting- reflect back on your journey. Have you ever fasted for 40 days before? Did you think you could do it? Was it as hard as you thought? Did you find the Lord breaking through strongholds in you, in the name of Jesus?
Today, as we are in the final 3 days of the fast, I want to encourage you to finish strong! Finish in the power of the Spirit. You can do it! Perhaps, if you haven’t done a liquid fast yet, try to just drink liquids in the home stretch. Or, if you have just skipped breakfast every day, pray about a higher level of commitment. Could you go 24 hours without food, just drinking liquids? Perhaps? Don’t do it because I tell you to do it. Ask the Lord.
As we press into the Lord during this time, have you examined yourself according to Isaiah 58? Look at the chapter on fasting, (which we have examined before) and ask the Lord if there is anything he wants to still do in your heart during the final days of this fast.
It is time to press into God’s throne room, standing on his promises and claiming them by faith. When Daniel realized that Israel had been in exile for close to the 70 years which were prophesied by the prophet Jeremiah, he began to fast to ask the Lord to bring about the deliverance of the nation.
Daniel knew that God’s promises were true. God always tells the truth. If he promises something, he is good for following through with it. So, let’s look at this scripture and begin to ask the Lord to fulfill his promises to us, because he is good.
6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
13 “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the Lord’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14 then you will find your joy in the Lord,
and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land
and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.”
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
Today, we will pray and claim the promises in this passage. Our prayer will align with this passage that we just read. We will pray for God to fulfill what he has promised us. BUT, make sure you have met the conditions! Have you repented? Have you worked to end quarreling and fighting in your home? (as much as it is possible for you?) Have you helped the poor and sacrificed to help make someone else’s life better? Did you “rend” your heart and repent of sin? These are a few of the things God wants us to do in our fasts.
Father in heaven, you are lifted up higher than any other name! You are in heaven, yet you sent Jesus to die for my sin and my offenses against you. I lift up Jesus Christ your son. I bless Jesus’ name. There is no one like you, God! There is no one greater than you in heaven or on earth. You are honest and keep your promises! I thank you for keeping your promises.
Lord, I am praying and fasting to draw close to you. I want your will to be done. I want other people to know your will and to do your will. I want to know and do your will. Send your Spirit and your angels to work your will on earth as it is in heaven. Work your will in the church- your bride. Continue to purify your bride and strengthen your bride, according to your holy will. Purify my life, Lord Jesus. May my life bring you glory. I want to draw close to you, into your very presence. Fill me with the knowledge of your will. Fill me with you. Fill my home with you this day. I ask that you reveal yourself to me through your Spirit of wisdom and revelation. I want to be filled with the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, Lord Jesus. Open my heart to your hope, Lord!
Lord, I know I have a holy inheritance in Jesus, through the death and resurrection of Jesus. I put my trust fully on my hope in Christ Jesus. Open my eyes to have hope of my calling in Christ Jesus. Fill me with the knowledge of your will, Oh Lord, with all spiritual wisdom and understanding. I want to know you better~! Lord, as we live in this world of evil, give me such a precious sense of the closeness of you. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so- somehow- to attain the resurrection from the dead.
I am so thankful for what you are teaching me. I pray that you will continue to convict me of sin and to grow the nature and character of Jesus in me through the Holy Spirit. Strengthen me in my inner being, – I put my faith in Christ.
Lord, I have followed your fasting advice in Isaiah 58. I ask that you will do your mighty work in me through this fast. I claim every promise you made in Isaiah 58, in Jesus’ name.
- I pray that you will break the chains of injustice around my life and in those I love. You say that fasting will break chains. Break the chains in my life and the chains in those around me, in the name of Jesus!
- Lord, forgive me for my sin. I confess my sin to you now. (Give the Lord unconfessed sin individually.)
- Lord, I forgive those who have sinned against me. I release _______ to you in the name of Jesus. Heal me from the hurt. Give me your supernatural grace for this person, the way you have forgiven me.
- Lord, during my fast, I have watched over the elderly and the sick and/or helped those who are poor. Please pour your Spirit out on me. I have shared my food. Please pour your Spirit out for my growth and my blessing. I know these works do not save me. I know that faith in Jesus saves me. I remind you of your promises. It says in Isaiah that your light will break forth like the dawn and your healing will quickly appear. I claim this promise of God, in Jesus’ name. I have fasted and listened to and obeyed your word, through the leading of your Spirit.
- I pray that your righteousness will go before me and that the glory of the Lord will be my rear guard. Lord, thank you for your armor. Lord, you promise in Isaiah 58 that you will surround me with this deliverance. I praise you for these promises.
- Lord, I have repented and have eliminated gossip and finger pointing in my life. I have worked on behalf of the oppressed. Thank you for helping me with this! I want my words to be seasoned with salt. I thank you that you are bringing forth good fruit in my life. Defend me from lies and keep me safe! Bring your light to break forth in my life.
- Let your light rise in the darkness, and my night will become like the noonday. I claim this passage. Shine your light in me and through me. Be the lamp unto my feet, Lord, and the light unto my path.
- Lord, deliver me from evil. Breakdown strongholds. Lift me up in power. Help me to serve you! In Jesus’ name, Heal me, Lord! Amen.
- It says in Isaiah 58 that my healing will quickly appear. Heal me, Lord. Bring the healing of the resurrection power of my Lord and Savior in and through my body. I speak this healing over my body, in Jesus’ name. I declare that Satan has no power over me, in the name of Jesus. I command Satan to leave in the name of Jesus. I am not under the power of any curse or any sin or any demon in hell- I am in Jesus Christ my Lord. I am safe, healed and delivered and am a child of God. (Pray this for any loved one who you have been praying for you who is a believer.)
- Lord, I pray for the people in my life who are away from you- for those who don’t know you. I pray today that they will come to you. I pray for breakthrough and spiritual illumination. I ask that you will wake them up spiritually, in Jesus name. Give spiritual sight and spiritual light, where there is blindness and spiritual darkness. Save them, Lord! Give me opportunity, boldness, love, and a God-moment to share Jesus with them. Save them, Lord! Save them!
- I ask that you will pour out salvation and revival on the church and on the lost, in Jesus’ name. Bring forth a birth, Lord Jesus. Bring forth spiritual fruit and the salvation of many souls!
Thank the Lord for his leading! Sit down with this full chapter and read through it! Read through it and pray it aloud. Ask the Lord to deliver you from any and all harassment that may try to stop you from living a victorious life in Jesus. Ask the Lord to grow his character inside of you, as you pray and fast.
In the next days, spend time standing on the promises of God. Declare them aloud.
Go boldly before the throne of grace. Be blessed in the Lord!
One Reply to “40 Days of Prayer and Fasting – Day 38 – Every Promise of God is Yes in Christ Jesus”
Awesome! Powerful prayers! Amen.