Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.Colossians 1:24-27
We are living in serious times, times that try the soul. But, our savior – Jesus Christ- is a seriously big savior. Jesus is bigger than any conflict, problem or stronghold. Jesus Christ is greater than all our sin. No matter your past sin, no matter your history, Jesus Christ is willing and able to not only forgive, but to renew you and to adopt you into the family of God.
There is no limit to what Jesus can do! There is no ceiling for the child of God that tells you you can’t get any more freedom. We may limit ourselves, but God doesn’t limit us in the spirit realm. He wants to bring more freedom, more healing, more intimacy, more hope. Our hope is completely established on the rock of Christ Jesus.
The battle for spiritual freedom is intense, because our doubts are so big. Our spiritual enemies are so fierce. Our physical limitations are so daunting. But, our God is bigger than all of these things. He brings encouragement and faith to the withering soul. He crushes Satan underneath our feet. (Romans 16:20) He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, the punishment that brings us peace was upon him and by his stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53)
I am thinking of Jesus’ heart to heal and deliver when he saw the crowds of people who were desperate for God. They had chased after him around the lake, when he tried to get some space with his disciples by boating across the lake. He was tired and weak in his flesh. But, his attitude was one of compassion.
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.Mark 6:34
Jesus has more than enough to give us everything we need. The thing that is interesting to me about Colossians 1:24-27 is that Paul is speaking about hope in suffering. The Messiah Jesus IN US is our hope of glory.
- We have this treasure in jars of clay to show this all-surpassing power is from God and not us.. 2 Corinthians 4
- We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance. Ephesians 1
- We look groan inwardly waiting for the adoption- the redemption of our bodies. Romans 8
Jesus told us that he had to leave, because it would be better that the Holy Spirit would come than if Jesus stayed. Through the Holy Spirit, Christ is not just with us, he is in us. He can be in all of his people at the same time. This Holy Spirit- the Spirit of Jesus- living in us is all we need to overcome when we are suffering like Jesus.
God’s glory is in you. The devil hates it, but he is going to have to deal with it. See the glory? Do you see it? The amazing thing that will be revealed in you in heaven is such an incredible glory. The glory is the revealing of what is unseen. It is the manifest presence of God out in the open for regular Janes and Joes to see it.
Can you see it? Can you see God’s glory inside of you? If you can’t- pray for the Lord to give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so you can know him in the deepest and most intimate ways. God loves you. His power is made perfect in your weakness. Rise up brother or sister in Christ! Rise up! Lift up your head. The king of glory lives in you and is coming again to reveal his glory in you.
This is what Jesus told his disciples to encourage them, when he prophesied about the end times:
Luke 21:25“There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
29He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.
Lift up your heads! Make way! The king of glory, mighty in battle is rising up in us. He will bring deliverance and wonders-even in the times of darkness- he will break chains and bring miracles. Look to him. Trust him!
Let’s Pray- We will begin with Psalm 24. Let us personalize it and say it out loud to the Lord.
- The earth is yours, Lord, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
for you founded it on the seas
and established it on the waters.
Who may ascend your mountain, Oh Lord?
Who may stand in your holy place?
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not trust in an idol
or swear by a false god. a
They will receive blessing from you, Lord
and vindication from God their Savior.
Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek your face, God of Jacob.
Lift up your heads, you gates;
be lifted up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?
You Lord -strong and mighty,
you Lord are mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, you gates;
lift them up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
Who is he, this King of glory?
The Lord Almighty—
you are the King of glory!
2. Hallelujah! I worship your name, Oh Lord! From everlasting to everlasting you are God. You are enthroned among the cherubim. Your plan is coming to pass. You life is opening up. You answer those who seek you and call upon your name. You are faithful. You are righteous!
3. Bring your will to bear on earth. May your great will be done. May your kingdom come here on earth as it is in heaven. Give me kingdom eyes and a kingdom heart to know your will and to overcome. Build your kingdom in my life. May I shine bright as the noon day sun for you, Oh Lord!
4. Phil 3:10-11 “I want to know you, Lord, and the power of your resurrection, the fellowship of sharing in your sufferings, becoming like you in my death and so, somehow attain the resurrection from the dead.”
5. Lord, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. There is none like you, Oh God. You are lifted up. I know that you have called me by name. You have bought me with the blood of your son Jesus and I worship you. I thank you for your sacrifice! I thank you for your love for me. You works are wonderful. I know that full well.
6. Great is the Lord and worthy to be praise. There is no stronghold, no enemy of the Lord who can overcome him. Jesus will conquer his enemies by the breath of his mouth when he come. The same breath that breathed life into me will defeat my enemies. Praise the Lord.
7. Thank you for fighting for me, Lord. Stretch out your hand to perform miracles to show your power and bring more people into your kingdom. Move Holy Spirit to bring glory and honor to the name of Jesus and to the Father. Glorify yourself in your church, Lord.
8. I pray for the sick, the injured, the lonely, the depressed, the suicidal, those in pain and living in unforgiveness. I ask for you to bring the resurrection power of Jesus Christ to set them free. Bring the healing of Jesus, bring the protection of the blood of Jesus, bring the deliverance and freedom that comes from surrendering to you.
9. I pray and break every witchcraft spell and hex and curse that has come against me and my family, my church, my community and my nation in the name of Jesus. I do this in your authority, Oh Lord. I do this in the power of Jesus’ name. I stand in Jesus’ protection and use his name to come against the enemy’s attacks. My God will deliver me from every evil attack. I command every foul spirit from hell to go back where they came from, in Jesus’ name. I pray for protection over the streets and homes in my neighborhood and town. I pray for protection over the people who are pulled into civil unrest. Lord, I pray that you will allow these people to hear from you and that those who are causing terror and violence on either side will cease and desist in Jesus’ name. Lord, we know that sin knows no color of skin. The enemy desires to sift us as wheat and to divide us. I ask that you will bring your conviction and that you will bring an end to the anger, the racism, the hatred and the violence. I ask that justice and righteousness will reign again. Bring justice, and stop the movement of Satan to cause the violence domino affect. The enemy strives to divide us. I pray that resist him, in Jesus’ name. May those who call on your name resist the conflict and strife, Lord. Strengthen your people, Lord.
10. Seek the Lord. Listen to him. He wants to lead you, guide you and speak to you. Worship him. Spend your own time with him, as the Spirit leads.