Tonight, I am going to my Daddy, my Abba Father, and asking him to bring someone up from their sick bed. This is a serious situation, and honestly, I am praying in faith, not knowing what I will wake up to in the morning. But, I am praying in confidence.
1 John 3:1 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are.
Some people say, “Briana, you are very opinionated about religion.” Ha. Ha. Well, maybe you are reading my confidence as being opinionated? An opinion is one thing. Lots of people have opinions about God, but I know God. I know what he says. I know what he thinks. I know his presence. None of this is because of me. It’s also not something exclusive to me. You can confidently know God, too! Many people have opinions about famous people, but few people know them closely. God is someone who can be and wants to be known.
God is a Spirit. He is a person. He is not an idea or a fanciful idea or hope.
One sweet person told me, “But, God is sooooo big. How can any one religion have him right?” I certainly agree that God is so much bigger, greater and more powerful than anyone can actually comprehend. But, there is something I do believe about God. I believe that God loves us. I believe that he wants us to know him. I believe that he has revealed himself to us in power through his Word, (The Bible) and his Son, Jesus Christ. Why? He wants us to know him. He made us for fellowship and relationship with him. That craving in your soul that just can’t seem to be satisfied by anything for a permanent period of time? That’s a God craving. God made you for a relationship with him. Without him, you feel incomplete. Our sin keeps us from a relationship with him. In fact, sin is turning our backs on God. Sin is doing things our own way and even missing the mark when trying to do them God’s way. Sin is a disease that runs through our veins. It is a curse on our very lives that brings death.
But, God. God ordained a plan from eternity to rescue his people, whom he loves. He sent his son Jesus to die for us. The Son of God, he walked a perfect walk and never strayed, swayed or sinned. He had no personal sin to pay for, so he took our bill and paid it himself. He paid with his own blood. His divine blood was poured out to wash away the mortal poverty of our smallest and darkest sins. Then, the exciting part is this: He rose again! He left my darkness, my doubt, my sickness, my pain, my scars and tears in the tomb with my sin!
When we see such a beautiful, powerful God who is willing to go to such excruciating lengths to rescue our souls, how can we doubt what he will do for us? When we believe in Jesus Christ, we are moved into a new realm. We repent of our sin and it is removed. We stand in the awesome place of child of God. The Bible says we are seated enthroned with Christ in heaven. We are covered with the blood of Jesus and the very person, the very Spirit of the Living God lives inside of us. This is powerful stuff that most people miss. Often times, some may think of their life as climbing the ladder to God, working their hardest to impress him. Even people who love Jesus and trust in him forget that they are trusting in a mighty God. To pray confidently, move into the realm of simply talking to the Father, in Jesus name. If you are not a believer and have never repented of your sins, start there. Cry out to Jesus and put your trust in him. Ask him to wash away your sin and fill you with his Spirit. He will do as he promises.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
Here are a few promises of God to remind us of whom we have believed in! This is our hope.
1. Job 4:6 “Is not your fear of God your confidence, And the integrity of your ways your hope?
2. Psalm 71:4-6 Rescue me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, Out of the grasp of the wrongdoer and ruthless man, For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth. By You I have been sustained from my birth; You are He who took me from my mother’s womb; My praise is continually of You.
3. Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, And his children will have refuge.
4. Act 4:13 Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus.
5. 2 Corinthians 3:3-5 Being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,
6. Hebrews 3:5-7 5 Now Moses was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken later; 6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. Such confidence we have through Christ toward God.
7. Hebrews 4:15-16 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
8. Hebrews 10:16-24 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
After those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws upon their heart, And on their mind I will write them,”
He then says,
“And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.
Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
9. 1 John 3:18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him 20 in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; 22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
There are so many more scriptures I could share, but I just want to focus a magnifying glass on this. Our confidence should be in Jesus Christ. Our victory in prayer is in Jesus name and to Jesus’ glory! So excited to think about these truths tonight!
So, you, too can be confident in prayer. You can know God intimately. It is just beginning.